Article 1 (Purpose). (Establishment of the Editorial Board for the journal) The Korean Society of Medical Education (hereinafter referred to as the KSME) shall have the Editorial Board for the journal based on Article 17, Section 2 of the Bylaws Chapter 5, Steering Committee and Board. Matters regarding the operation of the Editorial Board (hereinafter referred to as the Board) are defined as follows.
Article 2 (Duty). The Board is in charge of the following items with regard to the review, editing and publication of articles published in the periodical journal issued by the KSME, and the Editor-in-chief reports the results to the Board of Directors.
- - Matters regarding the submission of opinions to amend “The Regulations for Editorial Board”
- - Matters regarding the amendment and opening/closing of “The Regulation for Reviews and Publications” of the journal.
- - Matters regarding review, printing, editing and publication of submitted articles
- 1) Matters regarding editing
- 2) Decisions on reviews and publications of submitted manuscripts
- 3) Final decisions on articles to be published in each volume and issue
Reviews of all submitted articles shall be carried out based on separate guidelines.
Article 3 (Organization). The organization of the Editorial Board and term of office of its members are as follows.
- The Editorial Board has 10 or more members, whose term of office is to be 2 years. They may serve consecutive terms to sustain continuity of the editing tasks. For replacement in the middle of the term, the substituting member shall serve the remaining term of the substituted member.
- The Editor-in-chief of the Editorial Board shall be selected based on the following principles among the full members of the KSME, and the members are selected considering the following standards as well as regional and national distribution.
- 1) Those with outstanding research accomplishments and are carrying out active academic activities
- 2) Those with the experience of peer review
- 3) Those with the experience of editing academic journals or materials
- The Editor-in-chief of the Editorial Board is the publication director of the Publication Department in the Steering Committee of the KSME, and the publication director is appointed based on the nomination by the executives among full members and approval of the Board of Directors.
- Senior editors (Associate Editor, Managing Editor, Senior Consultant, Statistical Editor) are appointed by the President upon request of the Editor-in-chief of the Editorial Board. Among them, the Associate Editor shall be in charge of the publication assistant administrator of the Publication Department upon the consent of the Board of Directors.
Article 4 (Operational report). The Editor-in-chief shall report the plan and result of editing the journal to the Board of Directors. Matters regarding budget and its execution shall be approved by the Board of Directors.
Article 5 (Amendment of the Regulations). The Editor-in-chief may submit opinions about the Regulations for the Editorial Board to the Board of Directors.
Article 1 (Enforcement date). These Regulations take effect January 1, 2017.